How To Open A Spread Betting Account with ETX Capital
In order to begin spread betting, you first need to select a spread betting company to use. There are many different spread betting companies and we have tried most of them over the years. One that we particularly like is ETX Capital. ETX Capital have a very good, easy to use platform and they offer all the markets that we trade at LS Trader.
ETX Capital also offers some of the tightest spreads and lowest margin requirements in the industry and gives outstanding customer service. Their account opening procedure is very simple and we walk you through that step by step below.
1. To open an account with ETX Capital simply go to ETX Capital - www.ETXCapital.co.uk/?RefId=158. Then select the green button in the middle, which says Apply Online, or click the green button on the right, which says Apply Online Today.
2. This will take you to the beginning of the Online Application process – where you will have to answer 4 questions for a Client Assessment before you can start. If you have any questions at this stage, you are free to call ETX Capital directly or you can always contact us for more information. (See the 3 stages below)
3. Once you have answered these questions, you will be taken to Step 2 – Personal Details. This section is pretty self- explanatory. Simply enter your details in the fields (as in the screenshot below).
You will also be asked to create a Username and Password which you will use to log into ETX Capital, so please be sure to create a strong password which other people do not know. Finally confirm you have read the Terms and click Proceed.
4. After Proceeding, you will be asked to confirm and verify your address details. This is quite simple – just enter your Post Code, House Number and Phone Number. ETX Capital do sometimes verify this over the phone / by post, so please ensure you put the correct details.
5. After this, you will be asked a few more questions about annual income, savings, your employment status and asked to confirm your registration. Press “Complete Registration” to finish these steps and log into ETX Capital.
6. You should then receive a confirmation email from ETX Capital confirming your Account Details with your Username and Password.
7. The final stage that you will need to do is to fund your ETX Capital account. You can either directly do this from registration, or you can fund your Account the following way. Once you have logged into your ETX Capital account, click the “Your Account” tab at the top of the page.
8. To fund your ETX Capital Account, simply click the “Add Funds” tab (shown above) and choose where you would like to fund the account
9. There is the option of transferring funds from a Debit or Credit Card / Bank Transfer / Cheque. Please be aware that a Cheque may take some time to clear and most people choose to use a Debit or Credit Card / Bank Transfer.
If you wish to pay by Bank Transfer, then please be sure to contact ETX Capital directly to ensure that payment has been received.
To add funds using a Debit / Credit Card, simply enter your details onto the page (as shown on right) and “Add New Card”. You will then be asked to confirm your deposit – after this your money will have been deposited.
You are now up and running and can begin spread betting.
We include a detailed guide within the members area at LS Trader showing exactly how to use the ETX Capital platform once you have your account open. This guide includes step by step instructions with screenshots showing you exactly what you need to do in order to use their platform, including
- How to open trades
- How to close trades
- How to add a protective stop
- How to place orders to open or close trades automatically
- Plus much, much more
This guide is included for free to all LS Trader members and is available to read once you have subscribed to LS Trader.
Here's a fraction of what you'll receive...
- An average of 5 trading signals per week.
- A full list of all open positions, plus entry and exit levels for all 41 markets the system trades
- Access to our position sizing software
- Regular updates and alerts, sent by email and posted in the members area
- Instant access to our exclusive members area
- Extensive manual covering all aspects of successful spread betting
- Unlimited support
- 14 day trial for just £7. Cancel anytime
- Plus much, much more...